Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Day 8.....What are You Committed To? Self Acceptance Maybe?

Funny What a Kitten Heel Can Do
Day 8 with no morning news, a daily blog post, and increased confidence. Today instead of wearing flats to work I opted for a kitten heel. How adorable was I? I was also super tall! I am already 5’11 without heels so you can imagine the look on some of my co-workers faces when my 6’1 long and lean frame waltzed into work towering over everyone. Some of my co-workers are very petite and often comment on my height. I have been asked if I am 6’5” or how hard is it to find a boyfriend. I know that they are just curious but sometimes my self-esteem is bruised since I have been single for a very long time. Honestly, in my opinion my relationship status has nothing to do with my height, but I’ll save that for another post at a time to be determined.

 Deciding to wear two inch heels to work scared me. My heart raced wondering what people were saying about me under their breath, but after 30 minutes of negative self-talk I let it go and got to work. I actually enjoyed the click clack of my heels against the laminate floors as I walked down the hall. I felt like a grown up today, and it was a great feeling. When I sat with clients I crossed my legs and looked them directly in the eyes. I felt that I demanded respect from my clients and peers. Amazing what a pair of shoes can do! I now understand the addiction that some ladies have with shoes. I feel as though I could possibly wear heels every single day and own it. Today I fell in love with my body all over again. I haven’t felt this way since I was a teenager when it was cool to be a tall skinny waif like the supermodels of that time. Today, I realized that I have been doing myself a disservice by trying to make myself small so that others could feel good about themselves.

I am me! I am not better or worse than anyone else. We are all one. Tall, short, fat, skinny, shy, outgoing, you catch my drift….we are one. When we accept who we are and how we are perfectly made then we can move closer to our purpose which is my goal. I want to surround myself with people that are living and breathing their truth. I want to accept people as they are just as I want to be accepted; flaws and all.

It’s funny how a pair of two inch kitten heels can make a 30 something girl feel like a lady. It’s funny how owning and accepting yourself for who you are can change your perception of the world and the people that you used to think were smarter, or more qualified than you now seem like scared little girls.

My two inch heels reminded me that I have vision, I have purpose, and I have the love and support of the universe, and if I just stay committed and confident all of my dreams will come true. I’m committed to self acceptance.

What are you committed to?


~Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment