Sunday, February 14, 2016

Day 12....Happy Valentines Day

Might as well indulge....just this once
Day 12 without watching the morning news, and another blog post. Since starting this challenge I have also decreased the amount of time spent on social media. Today is Valentine's Day and unfortunately I don't have a Valentine, but nevertheless I'm feeling fine. I spent the day pampering myself. I downloaded the new Kanye West album "The Life of Pablo" and Rihanna's "Anti" and I enjoyed a glass of wine and a box of chocolates. I must say that I've enjoyed my day very much. I love the idea of Valentine's Day but sometimes it feels like the true meaning of celebrating the one you love has been withered down to excessive spending and unrealistic expectations of what should be given on this day.

I used to spend Valentine's Day at work when I was a waitress and this was one of my least favorite holidays to work. The couples that I served didn't seem to like each other very much and Valentine's Day dinner was just a way to keep the peace in the household. I can't imagine waiting an hour in a restaurant to pay for an expensive meal that I don't really enjoy just to prove my love. I think that there are so many simple ways to say I love you that don't cost a single penny. Maybe I'm jaded but I'd take spending the day at home with my love listening to new music and preparing a meal together. I'm holding out for the person that understands my simplicity.

Until then I will appreciate the richness of a few morsels of chocolate and the sounds of my favorite artists blasting through my house.

I hope that everyone reading this had a wonderful Valentines Day and I hope that you will stay with me on this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment