Sunday, February 7, 2016

Day 5.......What Will You Committ To? Is it Possible To Create The Life That You Love?



All Things Are Possible
Day 5 of this 30 day challenge got off to a great start and I must say that today was good day. I have completed my coursework and I am now qualified to teach mindful eating principles and techniques to my clients. Mindfulness as it relates to eating is a great way to slow down when choosing food, preparing food, and consuming food. Using mindfulness could possibly facilitate weight loss and heal negative emotions related to eating. I am so excited that I will be able to bring this type of counseling to my area. I will keep you all posted on that. The program that I was in to receive this qualification was a 12 week course that I attended in a virtual classroom with other professionals such as psychotherapists, other dietitians/nutritionists, aryuvedic practitioners, yoga teachers, and social workers. After reflecting over the material in the twelve week course I realized that I have been committed. I made a huge financial commitment, and I sacrificed free time in order to complete this course, so I realized that commitment can be easy and fun if you’re interested in the task or challenge at hand. 

Today, I woke up feeling extremely talkative and motivated to really expand on this whole idea of commitment. I called my friend up bright and early and she was quite surprised that I was up so early on a Sunday morning. I explained to her that if we really want to live the life that we love we have to stay committed to the idea that it is possible to be everything that we want to be. We have to expand our way of thinking and move from the notion that it just won’t work…..whatever it is! I’ve met countless people that are doing what I had planned in my mind but never set out to do. I spent many years talking myself out of things because it always seemed that the time was never right. I was living in a fear mentality and in some aspects I still am.

 Today I have been asking myself some tough questions about my current lifestyle. I actually started envisioning myself 20-30 years from now. Would I still be waking up every day to fight traffic to clock and do unfulfilling work just to get to an age where I can finally retire and hopefully do all of things that I always wanted to do? Hmmmm…..

Today is a new day! What is the worst thing that can happen if you try and don’t succeed? Well, you’ll just try again right? I know that I will. I have been fortunate and blessed to have some dynamic people in my circle cheering me on, and offering support. Support is wonderful in the grand scheme of things however, the most important type of support is the belief in your own personal abilities. It is time to be confident and shine. 

~Shine on and start creating the life that you want to live.  




No comments:

Post a Comment