Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Day 7……What Will You Commit To? Could it Be Love?


Could It Be Love That You're Searching For? 

Day 7 no news to wake me up and another blog post before days end! I am happy to have reached day 7 on this journey. When I woke up this morning I played a little reggae music from my online play list. It was freezing in my condo when I woke up this morning so I promptly turned up the heat, started brewing a fresh cup of coffee, and cranked my music up a little too loud for 5 A.M.  The sounds of Morgan Heritage really put me in a great mood. As I prepared myself mentally for the day I was feeling very excited about what this day had to offer. I didn’t know what to expect and honestly the only expectation that I had was to have a productive day. I like waking up feeling motivated and ready to tackle whatever comes my way. 

When I stepped outside it was pretty cold and I felt snow flurries smacking me in the face. Could it be that there was a chance that we would get sent home early because of the snow? In my mind my day was off to a great start. I imagined coming back home and getting back into my pajamas. By the time I got to work the snow started to fall harder. I prayed a silent prayer for the call to shut down my computer and head home. However, the snow did not last so I worked the entire day. I have no complaints, I am very grateful that I have a job but a girl could dream………

Since I’ve cut out the news and have committed to writing a daily post, cutting out the news, and developing more confidence in myself I have been very acutely aware of dreams that I have suppressed to fit into the mold of what a grown woman is supposed to be. I feel the strength that I was using to protect my heart slowly waning and I feel more open and more exposed. I don’t feel the need to hold back tears, and I’ve come face to face with inner truths that I tried to run away from. Everything and everyone that was so familiar to me seems foreign. I am engaging my dreams. I am having a conversation daily with my soul because I want to know how she (my soul) wants me to proceed . 

Deep down inside is a deep desire to give, give, give and give some more. I want to embody love, and give it unconditionally. “Could you be Loved?” in the words of Robert Nesta Marley…….. I could be loved. Can you give love without restrictions on another? I can!  This has been my deepest desire since I was a child however, when you have been rejected, hurt, betrayed, and neglected it’s hard to accept  the concept of love. How could I love anybody when the people that I love the most have taken advantage of my love? The answer is to keep loving. Could you be loved? Can you embody love? Can you give love? Yes you can because you are love. We are love


What will you commit to? I am committed to Love 

~Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment