Monday, February 15, 2016

Day 13... What are You Committed To? Letting Go Maybe?

“Attachment is The Root of All Suffering” ~Buddha

What Will You Let Go OF? 
Day 13 with no morning news and another blog post. Today when I woke up I must admit that I went straight to social media. I wanted to see what I was missing and I ended up staying on all day. Swiping mindlessly soaking up all of the news and gossip for the day. I also started looking at pictures of old friends and it made me a little sad. It’s funny how people that you used to spend so much time with hardly have time anymore. What makes people drift apart? It’s obvious we grow and change. Our priorities shift, our wants and needs change, maybe we no longer like the same things anymore and there is really nothing to talk about so then why do we remain friends on the Internet? Are we doing this to create the illusion of a love or friendship that is lost? Are we trying to hold on to a relationship where the love is gone? Why do this to ourselves. I think that it’s just fine to stay friends with an ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend if you are OK with the fact that he has moved on, but if you are not why hold on to the pain?

I’m paraphrasing here but Buddha states that the cause of all suffering is attachment. So why not be free? We have great memories that can never be taken from us and that is what we should cherish. For the past two weeks I have been posting about commitment. I’ve been thinking hard about my feelings towards commitment and what it truly means to me. In the past I have been known to start something and then give up before I see the end results. Commitment for me is creating new habits that will allow me to have more time and income to do the things that I love most. I am in the habit of waking up early during the week, meditating for thirty minutes and then starting my day. I am also in the habit of doing yoga daily and I can’t tell you how these habits have changed me in a positive way. I consume less wine than I have in the past because it’s hard to exercise once you’ve had too much to drink. Waking up early to meditate gives me the chance to organize my thoughts before the phone starts ringing or I am bombarded with the demands of the day.

I want to continue to work on creating good daily habits that will improve my overall well being so that I don’t feel attached to what I see online. I will be so full that I have no time to fantasize over what might have been. Things don’t work out for a reason. I have to keep telling myself  this. I have issues with letting go because of fear. We should never fear letting go because there is plenty more of what we want and need if we are willing to let go.  


What are you willing to let go of? I'm letting go of fear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment