Sunday, August 26, 2012

BE!


“The Present is a Gift and I just want to BE!” ~Common

             As summer comes to an end I reflect on all the fun I had relaxing and catching rays. School is in session and now it’s time to get busy. This summer I had the opportunity to hit the road and travel to a few cities close by. I went to Jacksonville, Florida, and Charlotte North Carolina. I loved these quick little getaways which provided some well deserved and much needed rest and relaxation.  What I loved most was the drive to reach these locations. When I drive I get clarity and it gives me a lot of time to think and to dream. Driving long distance provides a small escape from the reality of my everyday routine.  When I am in driving mode I can just BE!!
I want to be bolder and more confident. I want to be creative every single day. I want to be myself in a world where we are forced to live a double life. I want to accept people for who they are and I hope that others will do the same. I want to be in love. I want to take more time to soak up the beauty of life; the art, the music, the poetry, the literature, and laughter. I just want to be all that I can be, but not be everything to everybody!  
I will be more patient with myself and others. I will take time for myself every single day. I will value the thoughts, and ideas of others as well as my own.  I will exercise, I will eat right. I will listen without judgment and I will take criticism as it comes. I will surround myself with people that I love me, and I will accept love and reject that which does not satisfy my soul. I will just BE!!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment